In today’s article, we will learn to “Setup Google Analytics Account” and link it with our WordPress website.
Setup Google Analytics Account:
Google, the search engine giant gives you free access to its analytics tool named Google Analytics which enables you to track the activity of your website visitors.
There are various ways to link Analytics account to your website. We will study the easiest way of doing it via Yoast SEO Plugin.
As we know Yoast SEO is a free plugin which comes with your WordPress website in the Plugin section.
Let’s Learn to link Google Analytics with your website using Yoast SEO Plugin:
- Open your WordPress website Admin panel using www.yourdomainname.com/wp-admin
- Enter the Login Credentials
- On the Dashboard click on the Plugin section and search for Yoast SEO Plugin
- Log in your Gmail account or create a new one if you do not have one already
- Open Google Analytics website
- It will redirect you to Gmail if you have not Logged-in yet otherwise you will be asked to create your Analytics account
- You will be getting your tracking ID in the next page and a HTML code
- Copy the tracking ID and move back to your website dashboard
- Open the Plugin window
- Paste the Tracking Code
- Hit the save changes option
It usually takes 24 – 48 hours to complete the linking process.
Once the Linking process is done you can analyze the website performance and can work on the weak parameters at which your website is losing ranking in Search Engine search results.
Learn how Analytics Works: Website Analysis using Analytics